Monastery Museum

History of the Black Forest watches, the global watch trade, and the monastery.

The Monastery Museum in St. Märgen addresses a broad variety of themes that shaped the Black Forest throughout the centuries.

Opening times:

May - November

Wednesdays and Thursdays,

10:00 am - 1:00 pm

All-year-round:

Sundays and public holidays, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm

Visit only possible as part of a guided tour

During the autumn, Christmas, “Fasnet”, and Easter holiday periods

Wednesdays and Thursdays

10:00 am - 1:00 pm

Closed on Good Friday, Christmas Day, and 1 January.

Tours during the opening times are always at 10:15 am and 11:45 am.

Groups / special tours on request.

The Black Forest watch-makers and brothers Georg and Mathias Kreutz made the first wooden “Waaguhr” around 1600. The Black Forest watches soon became world-renowned. The popular rural objects are wrought with clichés to this day, from the cuckoo to the lonely watch-maker. The chronological exhibition presents the entire clockwork spectrum along with carved and painted shields.

Sunday 10:00 - 13:00 time Guided tours at 10.15 am and 11.45 am
04.11.2019 - 28.04.2020
Sunday 10:00 - 13:00 time Guided tours at 10.15 am and 11.45 am
18.12.2019 to 21.12.2019

Admission: € 4.00

Free admission for children under 15 Free admission with the Red Inclusive Card

SchwarzwaldCard benefit: Free admission

Address

Kloster Museum St. Märgen
Rathausplatz 1
79274 St. Märgen
phone +49(0)7669/9118-0
rathaus@st-maergen.de

swc
Save money with the SchwarzwaldCard.
More infos here.

Travel information Deutschen Bahn AG

Please enter your starting address here.